Booking Terms and Conditions
WE’RE COVID-19 CONFIDENT
We’ll refund a booking that is affected by a National Lockdown.
We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance for all Covid-19 risks
SEE BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS
- The Contract
The Contract is for a short-term holiday rental between Brailsford Barns and the person making the booking, together with all members of the holiday party (referred to as “the Customer, or Your or You”).
UK Law will govern the Contract. The contract of hire is not effective until We have confirmed the booking by e mail or text. The contract is subject to these booking conditions, and must be complied with.
The party leader must be at least 25 years of age at the time of booking and prior to arrival. We must be provided with details of all guests.
Bookings are confirmed upon receipt of the deposit being 50% of the total booking cost. The deposit must be paid within 2 days of booking being placed. The balance of the rental will be due for payment 60 days prior to the booking commencement date. If the booking is within 60 days the full balance is payable.
We prefer payment by bank transfer. Please ensure the our bank details and account name are correctly entered since any mistakes cannot be rectified.
If using PAYPAL or IBAN/BIC international payments, all fees are to be met by the Customer.
In the unfortunate event that either party has to cancel, the following conditions apply:-
- If your booking has to be cancelled because Brailsford Barns is placed under Government Restrictions and has to close, if the period of closure covers your booking, You will be refunded in full.
- In the event that your given address is put into Local/Regional Lockdown, rendering you unable to travel, and the period of restriction covers your booking You will be refunded in full.
- If your booking has to be cancelled because Brailsford Barns has to close through Force Majeure, meaning any of the following circumstances which may hinder or prevent the performance by us of the Contract, including but not limited to: (a) acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; (b) epidemic or pandemic; (c) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (d) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; (e) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing a restriction, prohibition, or failing to grant a necessary licence or consent; (f) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (g) non-performance by our suppliers or contractors; and (i) failure of utility service, and the period of closure covers your booking You will be refunded in full.
- Customer inability (or the inability of any, some or all of Your intended party) or disinclination to travel to and stay at Brailsford Barns for any reason.
- This includes, but is not limited to, illness (including Covid-19 and mutations), a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, a call to jury duty, military service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies, travel delays, vehicle breakdown, and delays with public transport. These remain at Your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive a refund unless We re-let the property, other than according to the sliding scale below.
- You are strongly recommended to take out UK travel insurance to cover these eventualities.
- If you choose not to take out UK travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Cancellations must be notified to Brailsford Barns by what’s app or email and once received in writing we will confirm the cancellation request.
- Brailsford Barns will issue a refund if cancelled as follows:-
|Number of days before start of holiday that notification of cancellation is received||The percentage of total booking value payable by the Customer|
|More than 60 days||5% of the booking cost|
|31 – 60 days||50% of the booking cost|
|0 – 30 days||100% of the booking cost|
To ensure quick processing of a refund, we recommend the Customer sends written notification of the cancellation by email.
- The effective date of cancellation is when written notification is received by Brailsford Barns. Refunds will be made within 7 days,
- Upon receipt of the cancellation, the Customer remains liable for the amount detailed above. Brailsford Barns will use reasonable endeavours to obtain a replacement booking. In the event that we are successful, we will refund to the Customer the total amount paid by the Customer for the booking, less a 5% Booking Fee, and less the difference in price between the Customers’ booking and the replacement booking if one is made.
Example: £1000 booking, fully paid, cancelled and relet for £900.
The original Customer will be refunded as follows:-
£1000 – 5% booking fee = £950
Less £100 rebooking shortfall = £850 refund
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to acquire suitable travel insurance for themselves and their party to cover the booking. Brailsford Barns strongly recommends the Customer obtains suitable insurance to cover circumstances beyond the Customers’ control such as, but not limited to, jury duty, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, military service, illness – including Covid and shielding, family emergencies and travel delays.
- Covid-19 is a known risk and it is possible for you to insure your holiday against it. This can include the customer or any of the party having Covid-19, the customer or any of the party having to isolate or quarantine, or you wishing to shield any Members of the party.
- There are several policies available which include cover for Covid related cancellations from organisations such as trailfinders.com www.coverwise.co.uk or www.gocompare.com
- Travel insurance offered through bank accounts are inserting exemptions for Covid related claims.
- If due to unforeseen circumstances, Brailsford Barns has to cancel your booking, where possible, we will offer you an alternative date or accommodation, failing which we will refund you in full.
- Third party suppliers / Events
- No parties or events permitted.
- If you wish to use the services of a third-party supplier whilst staying at Brailsford Barns, you must receive written permission. Eg chef/beauty/tennis coach.
- Brailsford Barns will need to see the third-party supplier’s public liability insurance, and any other related/required certification. We will check with our insurers to allow the third-party activity to take place.
- Brailsford Barns does not accept liability for the activities of third-party suppliers.
- Period of Hire
Please arrive from 4pm on the commencement date, and leave by 10am on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to do so may result in you being charged a further day’s rental.
You must not use the property except for the purpose of a holiday during the holiday period, and not for any other purpose or longer period.
The agreement to stay in the property for the holiday period, does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the Holiday Period.
- Number of guests
Strictly two guests per property at any time, unless authorised in writing. Rollaway beds are available for additional guests. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Any persons other than members of your party must not use the facilities at Brailsford Barns.
Brailsford Barns, its employees and representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property, bikes, cars, vehicles, howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourselves and your property.
- Care of the Property
You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property.
You must leave them in the same place, same state of repair, and in a reasonable clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period.
You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties.
No lit candles due to fire risk. LED battery operated candles provided.
Since we are on a Hydroclear Fowl Drainage Tank system, please do not put excessive paper, wipes, sanitary products or bleach in the wc.
Any damages will have to be paid for in full within seven days of notification. We recommend that you have insurance in place to cover this.
- Damages and breakages.
Please advise any damage or breakages as soon as possible and we will endeavour to replace/remedy so as not to spoil the enjoyment of your holiday.
You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs, in full and on demand if requested. Note, this includes fake tan and hair dye damage to linens and towels.
Free fibre Wi-Fi is provided for guest’s reasonable use.
The guest agrees to reasonable and lawful use of this service.
- Right of Entry
We reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it.
We value your custom and would like you to return.
We are registered with the IPO.
Sorry no pets due to being on a pheasant shoot.
No smoking or vaping inside the properties.
All refuse to be placed in the correct container at the end of the drive upon departure. Please recycle and minimise plastic as much as possible as part of the Blue Planet.
There is space for one car per holiday barn. Additional space is available on a first come, first served basis. For loading and unloading please request to use the courtyard access if you have disability or heavy items.
Please park with respect to other users and not beneath any windows.
Please ensure you are in ready to receive all food and courier deliveries. Due to the increasing number of parcels and amount of cardboard, we politely request that all packaging is taken away by you prior to departure and placed in the local recycling facility.
We ask you to respect all guests and keep noise to a minimum especially after 11pm.
We ask that you respect the privacy of the farmhouse which is our family home. If you would like to see the gardens, please do not hesitate to ask.
- Damage caused by Guests
Updated – September 2022